It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Whats Your Nitro Setup? 
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

I found for nitro diff locking i used heaps of paper scrunched up so tight it hurts your fingers and jam the mother f errrr in there till your fingers bleed and then screw it back in place again, works a treat and i have a .18 os which puts out some serious hp for a rc engine, the blue tac gets to hot and goes all goey i find and then it doesnt really work at all. paper doesnt.

Handy hint.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:25 am
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

hey guys, uhh in response to what u would need for nitro drift, all i got on mine is the stage d drift rubbers under it n a rich setup, but for sum reason it only gets half a tank, spose thats a downer on my car tho, tuned exhaust for acceleration would be best so u get the tyres turnin properly but mines just a stock hpi rtr evo with slick rubbers, or u could use cheap shitty tyres, i found this also works, abs tyres are great for colder conditions where as if u want high speed drifting in the heat i def reccomend the stage d rubbers. locked diffs would help but i dunno how to anyone got any tips on locking them?

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:53 pm
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

i finally upgraded to a serios nitro i got given a kyosho inferno 7.5 race with a 21 motor fully setup just needs a new rear shock was rtr even came with fuel

Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

Hey about the locking of the diffs. I use hot glue it is better and stronger and pulls off in a few pieces when you don't want it in there no more.

Blue tack would be harder to remove

Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:33 pm
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

G-day, dont know how far youve gotten on with your nitro but all the advice your getting is great Ive converted many normal nitro into drifters for my freinds after Id done mine. The tyres by yokomo and the super drfit tyres by hpi are the best they hold the drift like an electric once they warm up (usualy about half a tank). Lock your diffs any way you can, Ive soldered mine, tighen up your springs more on the back than the front, also some trial and error in adding weight to the front or opposite engine side will help to slide your car around. It was the last thing I did on mine and just pulled everything together. check out my vid and let me know what you think.
This one is my hpi rs4 evo 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNKVZWkHb9o
Im yet to post a vid of my hpi rs4 stage D but its pritty much the same!

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:53 pm
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

Post Re: Whats Your Nitro Setup?
digging this back up to try and get in touch with some other nitro drifters out there.

so my electric replacement showed up today, picked up a kyosho v-one RR ex racer and a shedload of spares for $320. basically there's one complete v-one RR, a v-one RR roller, 2 semi-built v-one s (not sure what series) chassis' and a spare v-one RR bottom plate. the complete (will be my drifter until i can get some dosh together to finish off one of the s chassis') has some 35 shore foams on it at the moment but i've got some t drifts there to go on it until i advertise the electric car.

it's a fair old chassis from what i can work out (03-04) but it's in pretty good nick. carbon top deck, os max 12tr engine, titanium chassis plate mounts, a heap of other cool stuff, etc. only problem is it can't run a pull start because the drive belt is in the way and i don't have a starter box haha (sing out if you're looking to offload one.) i'm not going to be able to use it just yet, letalone drift it; i'll be stripping it right down to nothing this weekend and cleaning everything up (locking both diffs with hot glue, of course), hopefully this gives me a bit more insight as to what goes where when i'm trying to piece together the other chassis.

my dad (slide110 on here i think) will be taking the other v-one RR roller and putting that together with the spares that were supplied and using that to race and building the other s chassis to use as his drift car. is there like "build threads" as such where i can put up some progress shots and what not?

also just waiting on an aluminium ball diff for my tb03r before i can finish cleaning that up and sell that if anyone is interested. pm for details.

come on nitro drifters, i know you're out there :)

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:11 pm