It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:29 pm

SHORT COURSE TRUCKS 
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

Post SHORT COURSE TRUCKS
I just got a HPI BLITZ and had 1 quick run out the front between rain showers and I think I'm in love. I am going to shoe goo the shell and then if the weather is good get out for a bmx track bash tomorrow. It was a RTR and came with a bonus 60A speedy and 13T brushless. So out with the stock motor and in went the BL combo. Gotta say the steering is as sloppy as a fart after a good curry but I will work on that later.

So has anyone else out there got a SC truck. Can you give me any tips on what to lookout for on the blitz? Gunna be some dirty shenanigans going on up in here soon. Woo

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:21 pm
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

Post Re: SHORT COURSE TRUCKS
I put my 5.5t in my blitz and its nuts. The steering is really bad in reverse it wobbles everywhere. I dont know why? But yes shoe goo the shell. The rear end of the shell is quite weak.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

I did a little test of goo on the orange section of the shell and it shows through so Im not going to do it now. May buy a clear shell for a custom paint job and do it then. Any ideas on a good sc shell or is the hpi blitz the way to go?

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:45 pm
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

most of the SCT shells fit Blitz ok... proline might make 2 different versions of each of their shapes though
and you might have to work around the rear bumper especially.

Blitz ATTK10 shell fits it the best but is a real PITA to trim around the rear if you get an untrimmed one.

As for the chassis... Blitz is pretty hardy but the knuckles/uprights with 1050 bearings need checking regularly.
They've updated later kits with 1150 bearings which live longer.
Rear diff can leak if you use fluid, might need new "X-seals" or o-rings.

Stock RTR servo is a puny standard 40oz job, better toss in something with lots more torque.
I popped in 4 extra BBs into the steering rack when swapping out the servo to a TRX 2075.
I've stuffed my RX into a traxxas waterproof box and the hobbywing ESC is supposedly splashproof.

Don't worry about the reverse wobbles, that's castor @ work ... like u trying to ride a pushbike backwards.
You never win races driving in reverse. :)

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
Itsuki Takeuchi
Itsuki Takeuchi

Yeah I will do a better servo soon and will keep an eye on the bearings. May pull it down in a couple more runs and check what size they are. I believe my diff has a spring and grease in it as there was extra instructions in the bag with the diagram and read about it on some forums too. I will get some o rings and add some 7000wt oil and see how it goes. As for doing a new shell after running this one for the week I will bash it into the ground before I get a new one.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:01 pm